If you’re in the mood for great homemade tavern fare with award-winning burgers and mouthwatering chicken wings, look no further. South Tampa has you covered with Soho Saloon, Bel Mar Saloon and Bel Mar Tavern—each offering a casual, let-your-hair-down atmosphere while satisfying those comfort food cravings.
First to open was Soho Saloon in 2012 (the location completed a massive renovation last fall). Fueled by popular demand, they expanded their local footprint by adding Bel Mar Saloon in February 2016 and Bel Mar Tavern in September 2016. Expect to see a fourth location open up by the end of 2017 in Downtown Tampa—because, let’s face it, the Bel Mar restaurants are unstoppable.
Since the perfect place to watch the game requires a whole host of entertainment options, it’s lucky Bel Mar has everything from pool tables and darts to plenty of HD TVs for your viewing pleasure. We encourage you to check out each location and their menus, which resemble each other but vary slightly with burgers, wings, nachos, “adult” grilled cheese, flatbreads, meatballs and salads.
The Queso Burger is a zesty local favorite that must be tasted. But you have to ask for it as it is not list on the menu…it’s an LD secret, so to speak. Here’s a sneak peek to activate those taste buds.
(available upon request at all three locations)
- 8 ounces hand-formed patty of wellseasoned, fresh, coarse ground beef
- 2 slices of thick cut applewood smoked bacon
- 2 ounces of pico de gallo (made with Roma tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice, red wine vinegar, jalapenos, fresh minced garlic, salt and pepper)
- Crisp Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 ounces of Homemade White Queso (white American cheese and fresh diced jalapeños)
Served atop a toasted sweet Hawaiian bun. Shown served with seasoned french fries. Can be served with tater tots or side salad.