Gasparilla Music Festival presented by Frontier (GMF) kicks off this Saturday March 11 with an inspirational performance from St. Petersburg’s Mt. Zion Gospel Choir and closes down with the prolific Ryan Adams on Sunday March 12.
What caught our eye about GMF (aside from the great music, of course)? GMF’s food lineup is top-notch! GMF is focused on keeping the food local as restaurants, caterers and vendors come together to showcase Tampa’s rich culinary history and creativity. Festival goers can sample the delectable offerings ranging from Cuban Sandwiches to Grouper Sandwiches, Redneck Nachos to Viet Port Tostadas. Some of the restaurants and menu items represented at the festival include:
- Ellas Folk Art Cafe – Chicken & Waffle Cone & Viet Pork Tostada
- Ichicoro – Chicken Karaage – Japanese Fried Chicken, Spicy Mayo & Furikake
- Malio’s Prime Steakhouse – Steak Sandwich
- Rooster & the Till – Kickass Vegetarian Nachos & Mole Pork Nachos
- The Refinery – Corn Dogs & Vegetarian Corn Dogs
- Whatever Pops – Ice Pops
- Your Pie Pizza Food Truck – Pizza & Gelato
Tampa is also well represented at GMF by its exclusive beer partner, the award winning Cigar City Brewing. The beloved brewery will be introducing a new beer at the festival, the GMF Pilsner, and will have a wide range of its top beers pouring at GMF’s Beer Garden. The festival’s exclusive Vodka partner, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, will be represented throughout the festival with some delicious concoctions served by Tampa Bay’s top bartenders.
Families are also welcomed at GMF’s Kids Fest which takes place each day during the festival from noon-2pm. GMF offers FREE admission to children 12 and under.